Best Value Public Colleges 2010
Investment publication Kiplinger's puts out an annual list of the best value among public universities. The definition of value for this and other ranking systems incorporates the school's overall academic ranking, cost for both in-state and out of state students, availability of financial aid, average debt at graduation, and acceptance rate. Value doesn't simply mean the cheapest; it means the best academic institution with relatively low cost to the student.
Kiplinger's top fifteen public colleges for value:
1.University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill
2.University of Florida
3.University of Virginia
4.College of William and Mary
5.State Univ. of New York (SUNY)/Binghamton
6.University of Georgia
7.University of Washington
8.University of Maryland/College Park
10.North Carolina State University
11.University of California (UC)/San Diego
12.New College of Florida
14.University of Wisconsin/Madison
The statistic for average debt upon graduation is extremely valuable, as college attendance has increasingly become a question of financial viability. The other important financial factor in this rating is financial aid for students in need, which is defined as scholarships or grants - not loans. For all but three of these schools, the average debt upon graduation is below $20,000.
A student at the University of Florida, for example, can graduate with a degree in computer science owing $15,318 and expecting an average entry level salary of $61,000. A UCLA student emerging with an economics degree will owe an average of $16,773 and expect a starting salary of $49,628.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
HISTORICALLY AMERICAN. UNIQUELY CARIBBEAN. GLOBALLY INTERACTIVE.
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science - Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)
- Associate of Science, Music Production (Online)
- Bachelor of Science, Digital Filmmaking (Online) More...
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is the largest public research university in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Business Administration: Business Analytics Specialization More...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ.
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
- Associate of Arts in Business More...