College Interviews Take to the Internet!
Interviews: never the most easy-going task. Between the suit, the awkward pauses, and the stress of the office waiting room, it's an uncomfortable mission no matter what the circumstance; when the future of your college acceptance hangs in the balance (especially a college you may have flown or driven hundreds of miles to converse with), it can be outright nerve-wracking.
But what if there was another way? What if you could conduct a college interview on your terms, assured of a chance to show your interviewers the real you without all those external stresses that might turn a normally bright student into a stammering mess? It's something Wake Forest University thought of, and they are making history with a new option: the online college admissions interview.
David Hawkins, public policy director of the National Association of College Admission Counseling, said he knew of no other colleges using Webcams for student interviews. But for years now, college students in the United States have turned to the Internet to find their dream campus - using virtual tours, chat rooms, online applications. They've been known to e-mail professors to find out about academic programs before setting foot on campus, so it's not surprising that the virtual interview has arrived.
"It's kind of interesting that we're using the technology to be more personal," Allman said. "It allows the personality to come through, and it allows us to ask them questions."
Of course, WFU officials still encourage prospective students to come to the college itself for a live interview, but this new option is huge in its implications for students whose social or outright physical and distance limitations might otherwise have seriously hindered their chances at acceptance. It's a definite leap forward in the admissions model, and one that will likely, before long, be coming to a college near you.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
- Payroll Clerk
- Private Investigation
- Occupational Therapy Aide More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
Pacific Oaks College values the experience students bring with them into the classroom. Our faculty will help you fuse your personal and professional experiences with new theories and concepts in a variety of fields.
- B.A. Early Childhood Education
- B.A. Early Childhood Education with Dual Credential
- M.A. Education with Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential More...
A Saint Xavier University education is one that is grounded in the tradition of liberal arts. SXU offers graduate and post-graduate programs that are recognized and respected by employers and delivered by professional faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Nurse Educator Certificate
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator More...