Enrich Your Dorm Life With Pets (But Do It Right!)
College life can be confusing and chaotic, especially if you are just moving into a lonely dormitory filled with tons of other disheveled college kids you may never mesh well with. Sometimes you just want some unconditional love and companionship, and that's when you buy a brand new puppy... only, wait! You can't have a puppy in the dorms! What's a poor student to do?
According to the blog Surviving College Life, the answer is simple: get a fish! Sure, they can't cuddle up on your lap, but they are quiet, soothing to watch, and relatively stress-free to care for, and that can be just what a college kid needs. But what kind of fish should you go for? The blog has the answers:
For beginners, I'd recommend getting either a Goldfish or a Betta. They don't require much space, and aside from a little feeding and the occasional water change, they are relatively self-sufficient. And pretty!
Note: Betta's are the lowest maintenance as single fish, but if you get a Betta, only get one! They don't play well with others.
That's for sure -- Bettas are also known as fighting fish, and live up to their names quite fiercely! The site also warns that, while they don't need daily walks or litter-box tending, fish are fragile and do require dedication and care. But if you're willing to put in a bit of effort, fish can be a great (and dorm-friendly!) way to liven up the barracks you will soon be calling home.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
Saint Leo University is a Catholic, liberal arts-based university serving people of all faiths.
- BA in Psychology - General Studies
- Master of Science in Instructional Design
- Master of Science in Psychology More...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business More...
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology Emphasis in Network and Systems Security (BEITNSS)
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management (BEITPM)
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (MBAHCML) More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution located in upstate central New York. The College offers regionally accredited online certificates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in healthcare, cybersecurity, financial crime, nursing, physical therapy, business, criminal justice, and data science. All courses are taught by credentialed, highly experienced faculty with significant and ongoing accomplishments in their respective fields.
- BS in Criminal Justice General
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate More...