Five Powerful Student Aid Websites
Navigating the waters of financial aid can be tricky. Do you qualify for grants or fellowships? Are you going to need a loan? How much should you set aside in a college tuition account? What scholarships are available in your state?
What you need is comprehensive student aid information at your fingertips and, fortunately, here are five websites that round up all the details for you whether you're planning for college, or looking to supplement the aid you're currently receiving for your education:
Federal Student Aid Produced by the U.S. Department of Education, this comprehensive aid portal provides a bank of tools, including a Financial Aid and Scholarship Wizard, College Savings Calculator, and Financial Aid Estimator. Along with information on grants, campus-based aid, Stafford Loans, Plus Loans, and more, the portal has an electronic Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you can submit digitally.
Students.gov Students.gov is the official U.S. government website designed to help students and families plan for financial aid. You'll find comprehensive incformation on financial aid, federal scholarships and grants, private scholarships, fellowships and research funding, and links to financial aid calculators. Each state financial aid program is available in an alphabetical index.
The College Board The College Board a non-profit association composed of more than 5,400 colleges and universities (The board created the SAT test). Their student aid section offers a financial aid planner, scholarship search, and informational articles on loans, credit, and borrowing.
Student Aid Alliance The Student Aid Alliance provides details about the Federal Pell Grant Program, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG) , Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, Federal Perkins Loan Program , Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnerships Grants (LEAP), TRIO Programs, Federal Subsidized Loan Program, GEAR UP programs, Graduate Programs including The Javits Fellowship program, Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need, and The Thurgood Marshall Legal Educational Opportunity Program.
FinAid Established in 1994 as a public service, FinAid provides detals on scholarships (search by profile), loans, savings plans, aid for military members or vets, and how to file financial aid paperwork. There are links to college loan calculators.
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- B.A. in Psychology / Organizational Psychology More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
A Saint Xavier University education is one that is grounded in the tradition of liberal arts. SXU offers graduate and post-graduate programs that are recognized and respected by employers and delivered by professional faculty who are experts in their fields.
- Nurse Educator Certificate
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator More...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology Emphasis in Network and Systems Security (BEITNSS)
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management (BEITPM)
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (MBAHCML) More...
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Health Administration
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - Information Systems & Business Analytics
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...