Four Key Courses for Business-minded Students
No matter your chosen field of study, most college degree programs allow for flexibility and elective options in filling out your courses. As the saying goes, "
Here are some college or trade school classes that can prove indispensable in the workplace:
Writing and Communications
Take a business writing class. Unless you live in a cave, you'll need to communicate with co-workers, suppliers, customers, lenders, governmental or educational entities, and professional organizations. Learn how to write effective letters, email communications, newsletters, memos, and business documents.
Knowing how to track accounts, ledgers, invoices, and utilize real-life tax skills can help along every career path. You may need to wrangle budgets, track company sales, or perform other bean-counter tasks for your own job, your department, or as a contractor or entrepreneur. Search Bookkeeping schools
If you spend any time at all online, you know how much you rely upon businesses that have their own websites. Whether you're looking for a gardener, dentist, hair dresser, or car mechanic, you often make your decision based on the appearance of their website. It doesn't matter what profession you're in, hobby you enjoy, or social group you're drawn to, you'll want your own website even if it's no more than an extended business card. Search Web design schools.
Sell yourself to employers. Sell products or services. Whether you're a massage therapist, screenwriter, or a research scientist, you have a product, service, or concept to sell -- or goal that you simply cannot accomplish alone. Knowing how to distinguish yourself from the competition can make all the difference.
Interested in distance learning? Choose from our preferred online business degree programs.
- Master of Business Administration
- Associate of Arts Business Administration and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration More...
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics) More...
- Business Administration (BS)
- Business Administration (AS)
- Business Administration (with Concentrations) (MBA) More...
- BS - Business Administration (ACBSP-accredited)
- MBA - General Business, Self-Designed (ACBSP-accredited)
- BS - Management and Leadership (ACBSP-accredited) More...
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (DBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
IWU's online degree programs are completely online, eliminating the commute and classroom lectures from your day. Because you decide when to study, in most cases you are free to complete the 12 to 15 hours course commitment per week at your own pace and in the learning style that is best for you.
- Master of Business Administration - No Specialization
- B.S. Business Administration - No Specialization
- A.S. General Studies - Business More...
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park.
- MBA - General
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - Accounting More...
Mount Mercy University is a nationally recognized Catholic University that promises students of all diverse backgrounds.
- BBA - Business
- BBA - Management