How to Find the Right Scholarship
Are you looking for scholarships but don't know where to start? Finding the right scholarship for your situation can be a very tricky business. There are millions of them out there, and it is up to you to do your research and find the ones that apply to your status of course of study. You will need to approach this process with patience and determination.
The first step in finding the right scholarship is knowing how scholarships vary from one another. All scholarships will fall into one of four sources: federal government, state government, post-high school institutions, and private funders. Knowing which scholarship to go after and when, will allow you to organize your search process into a more structured experience.
The next step in the process would be to come up with some possible sources for each category. For the federal and state scholarships, check out sites like FinAid.org or fafsa.ed.gov for an extensive list of scholarship options. If you're like most students however, filling out the FAFSA is going to be the extent of your government scholarship/grant experience. The remaining categories, institution and private funders, are more likely to capture your attention, so make sure you don't cut any corners! Make a list of businesses, clubs, and organizations that either you or your family are connected to. Churches, jobs, parents' companies, recreation centers, community service clubs, and fraternal organizations, all hand out millions of academic dollars every year. Within the actual schools, don't forget to check scholarships offered on both the campus wide level as well as departmental financial support. Many scholarships are exclusively available for specific majors and minors, not to mention first year freshmen.
Your academic record - specifically your GPA will be one of the biggest factors in whether or not you will be qualified for a scholarship. If your grades weren't tip top, make sure you include any interests and extracurricular activities in you application. Many scholarships look for qualifications other than GPA. Some seek candidates who are involved in community service, social groups, music, or even specific clubs. Most importantly, make sure your essay specifically pertains to the scholarship that you are applying for, and that your application is 100% complete.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
Winthrop University is a public, comprehensive university located just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina, in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Strategic Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Sports Marketing & Revenue Generation More...
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ.
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
- Associate of Arts in Business More...
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution located in upstate central New York. The College offers regionally accredited online certificates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in healthcare, cybersecurity, financial crime, nursing, physical therapy, business, criminal justice, and data science. All courses are taught by credentialed, highly experienced faculty with significant and ongoing accomplishments in their respective fields.
- BS in Criminal Justice General
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...