Nationally Accredited Online Colleges and Universities
There are dozens of accrediting bodies for schools of higher learning. These institutions, in turn, are accredited by one or both of two organizations that provide oversight for the accrediting process: the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Both organizations recognize the Distance Education and Training Council Accrediting Commission (DETC), the only national online education accreditation body with this status. However there are accredited online degrees granted by many colleges that have attained their accreditation from other organizations recognized by the DOE or CHEA.
The principal college and university accrediting bodies are six regional associations of schools that have divided the country into six districts. There are also programmatic accrediting organizations for specialties such as nursing, the law, medicine, psychology, etc. The larger accredited online universities such as Kaplan have sought approval from a string of associations - and in the case of Kaplan University, for instance, DETC has granted accredited distance learning status to several of the Kaplan campuses as well as the University itself.
In a sense, national accreditation flows from the DOE or CHEA through the many non-profit accrediting bodies that they recognize. There is a database here of all colleges and universities, including accredited distance learning schools, that are recognized by associations authorized by either CHEA or the DOE.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is the largest public research university in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Business Administration: Business Analytics Specialization More...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Curriculum and Instruction (EdD)
- Liberal Arts (BA) More...
- DHS - Advanced Program Evaluation & Data Analytics
- MS - Addiction Studies
- MS - School Counseling (CACREP-accredited) More...
Claremont Graduate University (CGU) has been awarding master’s and doctoral degrees for nearly 100 years.
- Masters of Science in Information Systems & Technology
- Masters of Science in Evaluation & Applied Research
- Masters of Science in Marketing Analytics
- Online Master of Laws in Taxation
- Online Master of Science in Analytics
- Online Master of Business Administration More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ.
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Ph.D. in Educational Leadership
- Associate of Arts in Business More...