Successful Test-taking Strategies
Is your test-taking strategy working? Do you keep up with lessons or put out fires only when test deadlines loom? Do you stay awake the night before the exam, cramming notes (and an inordinate amount of coffee and junk food) into your system? Some students modify their study skills and testing stratagems during their learning careers. What once worked when you could devote your life to your classes may not be so effective when you're juggling work, family, and online courses.
ETS, creators of standardized college and graduate admissions tests like the SAT and GRE, recommends that you keep up with your studies throughout the semester, ask your instructor how the tests will be scored, relax as you review without cramming, and eat well the day of the test.
Here are some other ways to reduce stress and put yourself in the best position to succeed on your exams:
Create your own count-down calendar to test dates. Look over the syllabus to determine exactly which areas will be covered in the exam and map them to your online or print research notes and texts. Review the materials constantly, noting where your knowledge seems thin.
Work With Others
Form a study group or join an existing one. Compare notes with classmates. Review materials together and round up lecture notes you may have missed.
Sleep Like a Baby
Your brain and body need adequate rest. Worry is no way to approach exams. Stress will take you out fast. On test day, arrive early and work a few subject-matter problems ahead of time to jump-start your mind.
You're Get Stuck
Your attitude makes all the difference. If a question seems impossible, leap to the next one, marking your spot for review later. While you're answering other questions, your mind will work in the background on the problem. And an answer for a subsequent question can spark the necessary knowledge to solve the one you think is unworkable.
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- B.A. in Psychology / Organizational Psychology More...
HISTORICALLY AMERICAN. UNIQUELY CARIBBEAN. GLOBALLY INTERACTIVE.
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science - Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology More...
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
Discover the Difference a Community of Support Makes in Your Educational Journey.From Application to Graduation, the Guidance You Need to Achieve Your Goals. 100% Online.
- BA in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BA in Business Administration Accounting
- AA in Psychology More...
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies More...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician) More...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Health Administration
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Divine Mercy University (DMU) is a Catholic graduate school of psychology and counseling, founded in 1999 as the Institute for the Psychological Sciences.
- M.S. in Psychology (online)