Ten Important Points For Every Back-To-School Agenda
It's just about that time again. Schools across the country are gearing up for the first day of classes -- that is, if they aren't in session already. The first few days of a new semester are always a little overwhelming, whether you're a freshman or a seasoned veteran. That said, they're important days indeed, and shouldn't be taken (too) lightly. This week, Lifehacker posted a handy blog for managing the first days of your new semester and getting things done that can heavily affect the rest of the school year.
Some of the pointers are self-explanatory and, one would assume, common sense -- peruse your syllabus to fully understand what you're getting yourself into with your classes and clear up any questions right off the bat, brush up on your note-taking skills and find a quiet and calm place to study, and don't forget to buy your required reading. Some, on the other hand, are somewhat less obvious. Tip #8 says to program your schedule: "Get out your calendar (paper or electronic) and mark all the important dates: the dates and times of all your exams, your professors' office hours, paper due dates, and university holidays and vacations. Be on the lookout for possible conflicts, which should be resolved right away." This is vital when you're going to a traditional school, but more important than you'd think for an online school -- your classes may be fluid, but without organization, you never know when other life engagements may creep up and throw a wrench in your schedule.
Tip #1 is the most important of all: take charge. "At college," the piece reminds you, "there's no one looking over your shoulder or holding your hand to make sure you get off on the right foot. It's all up to you-and your feet. So do it." A vital piece of information, whether you're relying on yourself in a distance learning program, or trying out dorm life away from your parents' mindful eyes for the first time.
Interested in reading the rest of the list? Check it out. It might make that first week of college a little more complex, but the rest of the year will be a breeze.
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- B.A. in Psychology / Organizational Psychology More...
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
Ohio University has offered distance learning educational opportunities for more than 100 years.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Health Administration
- Online MSN Nurse Educator Degree
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies More...
HISTORICALLY AMERICAN. UNIQUELY CARIBBEAN. GLOBALLY INTERACTIVE.
- Bachelor of Arts - Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science - Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology More...
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
Discover the Difference a Community of Support Makes in Your Educational Journey.From Application to Graduation, the Guidance You Need to Achieve Your Goals. 100% Online.
- BA in Criminal Justice/Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- BA in Business Administration Accounting
- AA in Psychology More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Information Technology
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- A.S.- Health Sciences (Pharmacy Technician) More...
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology Emphasis in Network and Systems Security (BEITNSS)
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management (BEITPM)
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (MBAHCML) More...