Unusual Scholarships - They're Out There
I've said it before, and I'll probably say it a few more times, but there are many scholarship opportunities available to students today - and even some rather unusual ones. The trick is finding the one that may oddly, suit you to a tee.
Simply having the surname Zolp makes you eligible for tens of thousands of dollars in scholarship money.
In the 1970s, a Catholic priest named the Rev. William Zolp gave Loyola money for an endowed scholarship, but he gave it with some tight strings attached: His endowment provides money for any Catholic student with the last name of Zolp to attend the university, as long as the student can prove their name with birth and baptismal certificates.
Loyola's Zolp scholarship is one of a number of quirky scholarships across the country. There are scholarships for left-handed students, for surfers, for twins, for welders, for marble shooters, even for the children of Tupperware dealers. Unusual scholarships like these have led to an often repeated statistic that billions of dollars in scholarships go unclaimed every year.
But because of some of the unusual stipulations for claiming certain scholarships, they often go unused.�� There are many scholarships that are not fulfilled, simply because they cannot be fulfilled.�� Those who are left to administer such unusual or very specific scholarships are often frustrated that the money is there, but cannot be used.
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online) More...
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN) More...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
- Doctor of Education: Community Care & Counseling: Marriage & Family
- Doctor of Ministry: Evangelism & Church Planting
- M.Div: Homiletics More...
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration
- BA/Education Studies More...
Saint Leo University is a Catholic, liberal arts-based university serving people of all faiths.
- BA in Psychology - General Studies
- Master of Science in Instructional Design
- Master of Science in Psychology More...
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology Emphasis in Network and Systems Security (BEITNSS)
- Bachelor of Engineering Information Technology in Project Management (BEITPM)
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Management and Leadership (MBAHCML) More...
Located in Fairfax, Virginia, George Mason University is the largest public research university in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Master of Science in Data Analytics Engineering
- Master of Education in Special Education, specializing in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Master of Business Administration: Business Analytics Specialization More...
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University is a private, not-for-profit, accredited university located in Washington, DC. Founded in 1789 by John Carroll, Georgetown is America's oldest Catholic and Jesuit University. Today, Georgetown is a major international research university. It has nine schools, an affiliated hospital and many highly-ranked graduate programs.Georgetown University Online
- Master of Professional Studies in Sports Industry Management
- Master of Professional Studies in Real Estate
- Masters of Professional Studies in Technology Management More...
Winthrop University is a public, comprehensive university located just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina, in Rock Hill, South Carolina.
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Strategic Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Sports Marketing & Revenue Generation More...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- International Business - D.B.A.
- Leadership in Higher Education - EdS
- MS Organizational Leadership - Nonprofit Management More...